Many of us have been thoroughly enjoying this year’s golf offering from EA, despite the title once again being plagued with a variety of glitches, stat-tracking errors, and other assorted issues. Under the Code has compiled a comprehensive list of answers on what and when to expect in the upcoming patch for Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14.
When is the patch going to be available?
For PS3 users – Monday, April 29th @ 4am EST
For 360 users – Friday, May 3rd @ 4am PST (Latest update, check back for any changes)
Why the delay on the 360 patch?
When the Xbox patch went to Microsoft certification, a crash was found so EA had to fine-tune the patch and resend it causing a slight delay in allowing it to be downloaded.
How will I know I got the patch?
When you start up the game, a prompt will ask you to download it. You will not be able to access online features until you download the patch.
UPDATE: It has come to our attention that it is best after downloading the patch to immediately reboot your system.
What will the patch fix?
- Fix for H2H online issue where players get incorrect stats after completing event (including DNFs, etc…
note: in regards to the above fix, ALL Head2Head stats will be wiped clean upon patch release
- Fix for Legends of the Majors multiple part challenges not working in rare instances.
- Fix to move aiming spin back to right stick if right stick is your hit stick
- Restored original follow camera for putting
- Fix the camera button from defaulting back to regular view when changing holes
- Fix for H2H cameras so they no longer pull back after a ball comes to a rest
- Fix for H2H opponent cameras not tracking the ball and instead staying behind the user
- Fix for Country Club stat “Double Eagle” always displaying “0″
- Fix for some Country Club stats not tracking correctly
- Fix for wrong stats in info module on the event select screen for events that have closed in Connected Tournaments.
- Fix for some career stats not matching front-end stats correctly
- Fix for some career stats that show incorrect information
- Fix for issue where country flags are incorrectly showing on club world ranking in-game banners
- Fix for shot preview arc not drawing completely when using shot preview pin
- Fix Strike Meter to always be ‘sticky’ for Move players
- Fix for Loyalty Bonus timer (currently display days, will be hours)
- Fix for user’s score not displaying in the front-end leaderboard when submitting a score for play the pro event
- Fix for ‘next hole’ stats not appearing correctly in live tournaments
- Fix for score column showing incorrect information after playing multiple rounds in Play the Pros.
- Fix for playoffs sometimes going to night (if choosing to play night or live time of day, playoffs can still go to night)
- Fix for opponents sometimes not animating during H2H games.
- Fix for various issues that occur on the final round simulation leaderboards in career mode
- Fix for clubs resetting to default after having played a historic challenge in legends of the majors (improved but still occurs)
- Fix for aiming info and other on-screen indicators disappearing at times.
- Fix for boost pins in H2H matches not working for users that did not set up the game
- Fix for eventual crash that would happen if game loads into demo mode when start is not pressed in time
- Fix for live tournament round screen not showing the proper time remaining in tournament
- Fix for incorrect display of XP Pin Bonus amount
- Fix for crash in golfer level purchase flow where coin price is incorrectly set to 0 coins
- Fix for mute user functionality where user becomes un-muted when a new user joins the session or a user leaves the session
- Fix for connected tournament banners not showing #1 ranked user in the banner
- Removed debug 3 hole setting from play now as this setting was never intended to be in final game
- Removed arcs from head2head matches
What about all the statistics that haven’t been properly tracking before the patch arrives?
EA has come to the agreement that stat wiping will be best handled in the following manner, commentary regarding each individual decision comes from Tiger Woods Executive Producer, Sean Wilson.
1. Completely Wipe Head to Head Online Leaderboards
As we all know these stats are pretty busted. We feel the best thing to do here is to get rid of everything and start fresh.
2. Completely Wipe Country Club Statistics
This was a much tougher call. Doing this will wipe-out your current club level, status points, club play stats…everything. The problem is we can’t simply pick and choose what we wipe. There are a handful of stats that weren’t tabulating correctly and are flat wrong. Ideally we just target those for erasing but we can’t. So we are choosing to start fresh with all country club stats.
3. Completely Wipe Connected Tournament Leaderboards
Again, there were some hold-over issues with these leaderboards and we couldn’t just target the specific issues, so we are choosing to start fresh.
4. Your created golfer level, XP points, coin bank, and all offline stats will remain unaffected.
When asked about the decision to reset all the online stats, Sean Wilson went on to respond:
This is a bit drastic but it’s our feeling that the people who really love Tiger Woods PGA TOUR are going to be playing throughout the next several months at least, and we wanted to be sure those players have proper stats. It isn’t ideal to lose your club level, etc…, but those who will be playing continuously will be able to work your way back up to the top of the leaderboards quickly. However, I’m sure some will hate this decision. Again, it’s not an easy one but we just want to move forward with a level playing field.
What about all the coins I spent buying pins for connected tournaments and in H2H matches?
EA will be crediting all users accounts with 25,000 coins as a thank you for your continued patience.
Stay tuned to Under the Code for all of the latest news on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14. We’ll be sure to update you on when the Xbox 360 patch will be made available, and on all further upcoming patches.